So you want to redecorate, but you've got no idea where to start? You think it's time to replace that old coffin table you've had since college? Would you like something a little more spohisticated? A little more Goth?
Well, here's some expert advice according to F.R.R. Mallory, from the SF Interior Decorating Examiner. Read on....
Do you want to decorate for Halloween but in a more adult, upscale way? You're not alone. An ongoing trend is placing goth art, decor and accent pieces on designer store shelves, year-round! Here are some cool items to look for when you are shopping:
- Sculptures that suggest famous scenes from books and movies such as a black raven for Edgar Allen Poe's famous work.
- Black, red or lace-design candles. Use ornate candle stick holders and group the candles at different heights for the best effect. Be sure to burn your candles to get some decorative drips going.
- Add black lace tablecloths, runners or piled decoratively on a table to bring in instant goth glamour.
- Paint curly or architectural branches with black paint and arrange the branches in a glass vase. Decorate the branches with commemorative hand-written notes to parted friends and family.
- Stack books with unusual, dark titles for guests to read.
- Mix vintage textiles, purses, scarves, jewelry, hats, glasses, canes, umbrellas and other pieces in with your more modern decor. These will carry your theme throughout the room.
- Look for cultural art that features similar motifs to bring in color and a different viewpoint.
Thanks for the boo-tiful ideas!