I know the countdown clock is just ticking away.... and I've got bunches and bunches of e mails asking for the easiest (and fast!) Halloween cake idea..... well here it is....
It's a Bloody Cake!
Now you want to talk about easy as pie.... well... easy as cake, really. You can do this in 10 quick steps. You should already have a tub of plain white frosting and red food coloring in your Halloween pantry. Then it's a quick trip to the bakery and the halloween store, and here's what you'll do:
- Go to your favorite bakery
- Buy a cake with white frosting
- Stop at the Halloween party store.
- Buy a fake (plastic) knife or ax
- Go home.
- Take the cake out of the box.
- Take a tub of frosting, add a few drops of red food coloring, mix well until it turns blood red
- Heat the icing in the microwave for about 40 seconds to 1 minute (you want it to be a bit runny)
- Pour over the cake, spread evenly, letting it drip over the sides
- Stick the plastic knife or ax in the middle
Keep in mind... if this is an all-grown-ups-party, you could use a real knife and it would look.... killer!
But if little monsters will be anywhere around, I suggest you stick to the plan.... and go all plastic.
And there, I've just revealed one of my many magic tricks, to be a Halloween Hostess.