This mouth-watering recipe comes straight from I Am Baker, and I'm drooling right now, just thinking about it!
Everyone knows how much I adore candy corn, and this cake was inspired by the Brach's Indian Corn candy (close enough for me!)
Now you could go the traditional route and make a candy corn cake in the signature white, orange and yellow (all with white cake mix, frosting, and the magic of food coloring).... but let's try something new, shall we? Come on.... it'll be fun!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 containers white frosting (or three cups)
- 1 container chocolate frosting (or 1 cup)
- Optional: Orange extract
- 1 bag of Brach's Indian Corn (for decoration)
- Bake chocolate cake in 8in round cake pan. One cake will be used, so you can wrap the other 8in round cake and place in freezer.
- For the white and orange layers, simple prepare white cake batter as you normally would. Divide batter in half and tint one half orange. (Add orange extract if you wish)
- Bake white cake batter in 8in cake pan and bake orange cake batter in 8in cake pan.
- For frosting, take one container of white frosting and tint it orange. I used gel food coloring and about 4-6 drops.
- To assemble cake:
- Place chocolate cake on cake stand. Place thin layer of chocolate frosting.
- Place orange layer on top and cover in thin layer of orange frosting.
- Finally, place white cake on top and cover entire cake in crumb coat.
- Decorate top with candy corn!
Now wipe your mouth darling.... you're drooling.