Thursday, April 3, 2014

OH MY STARS!


One of my all-time favorite tv shows.... Bewitched.... is celebrating it's 50th anniversary this year! Hard to believe, isn't it?

I fondly remember sick days from grade school, and staying home watching Bewitched! I think that Samantha Stephens is one of the reasons the Queen of Halloween is who she is today.

Samantha was funny, pretty, her house was always perfect, and she had some pretty cool relatives! I always wished that Uncle Arthur was my uncle.... and I've already informed the children, that when I become a grandmother.... I will be called "Grand Ma Ma"....

So, that being said, I thought it might be fun to share some Bewitched trivia.... (It's funny, I can barely add or subtract, but I know lots of interesting little fun facts.... it's a gift)

10 Bewitching Trivia Facts:
The role of Samantha was originally offered to actress Tammy Grimes.

Child actresses Helen Hunt and Jodie Foster were being considered for the role of Tabitha.

Elizabeth Montgomery, who played Samantha, also played her deliciously mischievous cousin Serena in several episodes. She was not credited for the role, as producers figured it would be obvious. The role was credited to "Pandora Spocks", who didn't exist but received fan mail from viewers who didn't get the joke.

Sam and Darrin appeared in animated form in an episode of The Flintstones, as Fred and Wilma's new neighbors.

Actor Jim Backus was the first choice to play Abner Kravitz, but turned it down, because he just signed to do "Gilligan's Island"'

Samantha's official birthdate was stated on the show to be "April 15th, Ages Ago"

The Kravitz house was later used as the "Partridge Family" house.

Samantha's maiden name was never revealed.

Paul Lynde, who played Samantha's Uncle Arthur, appeared in an earlier episode as a nervous
driving instructor who teaches Samantha to drive.

Sam and Darrin's address was 1164 Morning Glory Circle.



Ready for a real treat? Let's hop on the old broomstick and fly off to 1164 Morning Glory Circle, shall we???