Monday, October 14, 2013

CANDY CAKE

Has this ever happened to you????? You found a cool project, but you're not sure how to do it. What do you do? You call on the Queen, that's what you do....

A fellow Halloweenie found this cool picture on Pinterest, but no instructions on how to make it. So she wanted to know how I would do it, if I wanted to make this Candy Cake. Well, here's what I'd do....

I'd start off with a vanilla or chocolate cake (make it yourself or store bought would work too) and start unwrapping a bunch of KitKat candy bars! Be sure you have enough candy bars to go the whole way around the cake. Also, make sure they reach all the way to the top of the cake. (Even a little taller, would be best) Carefully, break off each piece of the candy bar, and press lightly into the icing, to help them stay secure.

Then take some wide satin ribbon (the brown looks nice, but I think I'd use black and orange... of course!) and wrap around the cake, with about a 1/4 of an inch longer, to secure the ends with a dab of hot glue. Then attach the bow in the front with another dab of hot glue.

Now, for the top, get a few bags of Reese's Pieces and pour over the top. Spread out evenly.

Stand back and look how pretty...... But that's just how I would do it..... Pretty good, right?