What a glorious day! Get ready to feel a little chill in the air, leaves crunching below your feet, and the smell of candy corn.... how delightful!
And with 37 days until Halloween, I know that your to-do lists are getting longer each day, but why not celebrate this special day with a fantastic Welcome Fall Dinner, tonight?
Try this Spooky "Eyeballs" Casserole.
Once the family gets over the scare factor, they will enjoy the rich and hearty tastes of this pasta bake recipe. The "eyeballs" are made of fresh mozzarella cheese and olives. Served over a bed of al dente pasta and flavorful meat sauce, this dish is not just a gimmick. It tastes great! It's also easy to make, so that you can spend more time celebrating the first day of Fall.
Kids and adults alike will be amazed at how creative this dish is and will love how it tastes, too! This recipe comes from my fiends at All Free Casserole Recipes.com, and it's devilishly delish!
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 35 min
Baking Dish Size: 9 x 13
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 jar (24 ounces) Prego® Italian Sausage & Garlic Italian Sauce
- 1 container (15 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 cups bow tie-shaped pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 container (8 ounces) small fresh mozzarella cheese balls
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch shallow baking dish with the cooking spray.
- Mix 1 1/2 cups of the sauce, ricotta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and pasta in the prepared dish. Spread the remaining sauce over the pasta mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese and cover the dish with foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Arrange the cheese balls randomly over the pasta mixture. Place a sliced olive on each cheese ball. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Happy First Day of Fall.... enjoy!