Wouldn't you like to see something strange?
Come with us and you will see,
Something fun for you to eat......
What?! Jack Skellington Chocolate Covered Apples! How cool is this? They're an easy and impressive treat, anytime of year, if you ask me!
These are a great alternative to plain candy apples. Especially for anyone who's a real The Nightmare Before Christmas fan!
This amazingly simple recipe comes from those crafty wizards at Wonkywonderful.com! (click on the link to see the actual step-by-step photos)
Here's what you'll need....
2 Cups White Chocolate Morsels
1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
4 Popsicle Sticks
Black & White Washi Tape (optional)
- Cover popsicle sticks with washi tape.
- Wash and dry apples. Remove stems and insert sticks.
- Melt white chocolate and coconut oil in microwave. Stir every 20-30 seconds. Heat until smooth.(You’ll want to use a dish or cup that is not much wider than your apples and deep enough to fully submerge the apple.)
- Let melted chocolate cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip and allow the excess to drip off.
- Transfer to plate covered with wax paper. Immediately transfer apples to refrigerator. (To prevent chocolate puddles at base, spin apples after refrigerating for 2-3 minutes. This will remove the excess chocolate at bottom.)
- Once chocolate has fully cooled (5-10 minutes) dip in melted chocolate one more time, repeating process.
- After second chocolate coating has fully cooled, begin painting the Jack Skellington face.
- Use a fine tip brush for painting.
*Chocolate Covered Apples are a messy treat. The chocolate will break apart while eating. You have been warned*
For more really great recipe ideas, be sure to check out Wonkywonderful.com!