Monday, August 26, 2013

HAVE A SEAT


I really love looking for amazing furniture to fill up the Manor, and I get so excited when I see funky stuff like this!

Check out this awesome chair from ecosalon.com it's so stylish, but also fun.... one of my favorite combinations! Be sure to look at their website, they have some really unique, fantastic furniture!

I would love to have a set of these as dining room chairs.... wouldn't that be just fabulous for a spooktacular dinner party!?!

Being the crafty one that I am, I think this could be a fun project to give life to some old chairs we've got lying around.

I'd either draw on my own design, or find a print I like, and make a copy on a laser printer.... trace it onto the chair, and then hand paint it with some black fabric paint.

But if you're not much of a painter, I suggest the "paint by numbers" method. It's easy.... using a transfer on a piece of test fabric, you just paint (or "trace" over the transfer, with the fabric paint)  to see if you like the results. Then, once you feel you've mastered it, I think you're ready for the real thing!

I know you can do it, give it a try.... and don't forget to send me the pictures of your finished product!