Monday, August 3, 2015

HAPPY GARDENING DAY!

Hello Halloweenies!

I hope you all are enjoying your summer! The Count and I have been busy traveling and working in the gardens around The Manor. And as much as I love the fall season, I really am loving what's been going on in my garden, this summer!

We've planted lots of new things this year, and things are really popping in the garden.

My plumeria are in bloom, and they really smell magnificent! But I love how freaky and gnarly their shoots get, before they open up. The look almost like a claw, then in a few days, these beautiful little blossoms emerge. 

In case you're not familiar with these little beauties, you may be interested to know that in several Pacific islands, such as Tahiti, Fiji, and Hawaii, the plumeria blossoms are used for making flower leis. So, if you've ever been to Hawaii, chances are that you've worn these around your neck.

In modern Polynesian culture, the flower is often worn by women to indicate their relationship status - over the right ear if seeking a relationship, and over the left if taken.

I think today would be a good day to go get dirty in the garden. Happy Monday, enjoy!