Every Halloween Homemaker knows that almost everyone loves pancakes for breakfast, and what Halloweenie wouldn't love these fluffy, bright-orange pumpkin pancakes with a spooky black cinnamon syrup on top?! This amazing recipe comes from Stephanie at Girl Versus Dough, and it's a keeper!
According to Stephanie's recipe, here's what you'll need:
Ingredients for the syrup:
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup water
- Black food coloring
For the pancakes:
- 2 cups original Bisquick® mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- Red and yellow (or orange) food coloring
- In a small saucepan, bring sugars, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and water to a boil, stirring constantly. Slowly add enough black food coloring to completely dye the mixture black. Stir constantly while boiling for a few more minutes until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, milk, eggs, pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and food coloring until well combined. Spoon batter onto hot greased griddle; cook each side until golden, about 2 to 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer to serving plates; top with syrup and serve warm
This recipe is just fab-BOO-lous, and is sure to be a new weekend favorite.... and they're so good, they're not just for Halloween!