Monday, January 12, 2015

WHAT ARE YOU READING?

I really enjoy this time of the year, and I always make a promise to myself that I'm going to make more time for me.... and read more.

I love to read, and I'm always on the lookout for a good book to curl up with. So, over the weekend, I stopped by this cute, dreary little used book store and found a few classics that I'd thought I'd re-read.

I really hit the jackpot, take a look....

Rosemary's Baby, by Ira Levin. Still one of the scariest books I ever read in my life! This one will be fun to read, right before I go to sleep!


My second choice is The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty.

I was so scared reading this book, the fist time, I had to actually put it down for a while. It look me months to finish it, but it was sooooo worth the great scare!

Book #3.... It by Stephen King.

Come one! It's Stephen King..... you know it's gonna scare the pants off you! And boy, does this one do it! Beware, if you're scared of clowns.... this one will push you right over the edge!


The fourth book I found was The Cipher by Kathe Koja.

You know the same old story.... A young couple find a hole in the floor of their apartment building, so what do they do? They start poking stuff down it. They don’t like what comes back. Scary as hell is all I can say.


And last but not least is Ghost Story by Peter Straub.

This book is very well written, and so much better than that silly movie ever was! Isn't that usually the case?

It's a very classic ghost story, and one of the first I ever read. To me, it's like visiting with an old friend. If you like spooky tales of the past, you'll enjoy this one.

Be sure to set aside a little bit of time for yourself, to enjoy something spooky today!