This bewitching witch's hat makes a great table decoration for your Halloween party, and is super easy for little goblin fingers to make.
What you'll need:
2 sheets of black construction paper
1 sheet felt (green, orange, purple, or red)
Strip of black felt
White craft glue
Scissors (use safety scissors for the kiddos!)
How to make it:
1. Roll 1 sheet of black paper into a cone. Secure with tape (see image).
2. Trim the bottom of the cone so that it will stand up on the table.
3. Use a cup or jar as a guide and cut out a circle from black paper large enough for the hat brim.
4. Glue the cone to the circle and set aside to dry (see image).
5. Cut ¼” or ½” strips of felt and glue them around the cone.
6. Cut a strip of black felt to go around the base of the cone.
7. If you like, cut a bat out of black felt and glue to your hat.
- Buy construction paper at the dollar store for plenty of fun projects.
- Felt is inexpensive so stock up on 5 or 6 sheets each time you go to the store.
- Traditional Halloween colors include black, orange, purple, red and green. However, you can use whatever colors you like for this project!