I've had this pattern that I found in Women's Day for a few years, and I love how it looks. I've even made smaller pillows in round shapes, and they look just as cute!
~Hand sewing needles
~ 1/2-inch black or pink button
~Black pillow (about 12 inches across in any fabric as desired)
~Two 1/2-inch crystal buttons
~White embroidery floss
1. Thread a long needle with black thread; sew the 1/2-inch button to the center of the pillow, stitching all the way through and pulling the thread tight, forming the cat's nose.
2. Sew crystal buttons above nose to make eyes.
3. Thread an embroidery needle with 2 strands of floss.
4. To make whiskers, make a small stitch on one side of nose; tie thread ends together and trim to about 2 inches long.
5. Make several more whiskers on each side of nose in this way.